PAINTED ON EARS....

My Daughter Gai, often calls me on her Mobile Phone from her car on the way home from work - we catch up - I think she has a boring drive home and thinks "I will ring Mum - chat away the miles?"


Most times I can guess when the phone rings "AH! that will be Gai" if it is after 5 p.m - sometimes she rings whilst walking to her car....."Hang on Mum - Just getting in the car"  - BUT when it is latter I get caught by surprise....."I have been finishing off a project - had to work late" and I am in the middle of cooking Dinner or as it happened today taking the garbage down to the bin...very windy talking on the Phone....
 PARDON WHAT'S THAT.....???? DO YOU HAVE YOUR EARS PAINTED ON?????WAS HER REPLY...JUST AS WELL WE HAVE THE SAME SENSE OF HUMOR...


Well I got It straight away - CANT YOU HEAR ME...?  and  BURST OUT LAUGHING....  EARS 'PAINTED ON' - There but cannot hear....!!!!


A Bit like the saying "build a Bridge and get over it" If you are offended or have a beef about anything....
So I had another learning lesson today and can't wait for the appropriate situation to use it.....I suspect it will be at Xmas when her son is being a "BOY" and Nanna has to say "ARE YOUR EARS PAINTED ON.." - Will be a change from :- "READ MY LIPS".....   LOL..
YEAH! ! I KNOW.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed