MOSAIC OBSESSION .........

I think I have been bitten by the Mosaic Bug.....whilst it has always been on my "gunna list", and the occasion presented itself to have a go.  Little did I know I would be sucked in and keen to keep going.   I have visited the hardware store in town twice now to gather up some more tiles and bits and pieces. I started on the kitchen table.....but the packing up process every time we wanted to eat was getting on my creative nerves....so relocate to the back verandah...set up all the equipment and bingo!  ideal to leave there come and go as the mood takes me.

So I have been cutting tiles - gluing tiles - arranging tiles to my hearts content.  I have three finished articles to grout now.  I know nothing about grouting....but I have been watching YouTube videos about it, and it is amazing that people have different instructions on applying grout.  The only consistent instruction is the consistence of the mix.  So  I think  I will wait until next lessons at Library before I tackle that part - but I am a bit of  a 'Bull at a Gate' type person so lets hope I can restrain myself....LOL or rush onwards and experiment....
The construction process taking place.......
Finished - ready for grouting......

Haven't cut myself yet!
P.S. One of my readers (Thanks Jan) asked "how do you  cut tiles" ...so I have added a pic of my tools.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed