NEW IDEAS.....

While researching on youtube....I came across a mosaic that used formed leaves etc......SLIPPING MY THINKING CAP ON!....more research.  -  Bingo !!! cook-in-oven clay.  Yep that's what I want to have a go at....as I love clay modeling anyhow.  Went to the store in town that has a lot of hobbie stuff.  I really didn't think I would find it in our country town store.... But Yep! I did - saves me shopping on eBay.  and I can get straight into it.

WORK OUT A LAY OUT....REMEMBER THIS IS A TRIAL.....

COOKED LEAVES ETC....

and while at the store I came across Styrofoam stuff in all sorts of shapes.....Another bright Idea forming.....wonder how mosaic will go on that....????

All finished.....and what I learned......
1.     The clay leaves are terrific....can make other shapes....cooks up great.  Interesting addition.
 
2.     Tiles are easy to glue to Styrofoam - placement a bit trickier, but manageable..tweezers help.
                 
 3.     NOW.. grouting :- went as per most other  projects...BUT..because the moisture in the
                          grout is easily sucked-up by the Styrofoam,  it dries out too quickly and needs                                to be sprayed often with water during the curing period....So lesson learned.  

All in all, it was a very successful trial - with random stuff I came across - now if I can just stick tiles on round objects without them slipping and sliding......Thats another trial - and thinking, thinking....researching.......If anyone knows how to do that....please tell me..
SEE YA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed